I use tilapia, but any white fish will work. You can also prepare the packets ahead of time even if the fish is frozen. Do it the night before or in the morning, and store them in the fridge. They’ll thaw and be ready to throw in the oven by dinner time.
You can also substitute coconut oil for the butter, if you like.
- Tilapia fillets (3-4)
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- 3-4 tsp butter
- Preheat oven to preheat 400F.
- Mix all the spices together and sprinkle liberally over both sides of fish.
- Place each fish fillet on a separate square of foil.
- Dot each piece of fish with about a teaspoon of butter.
- Wrap the fish in the foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Carefully open the foil packets to avoid being burned by the steam. You can let them sit for 2-5 minutes if you wish.
- If you have any left over (planned or not) you can use them for fish tacos the next day.