Use the Quick Baking Mix to make a small batch treat, any time you want. You can substitute raspberries or blueberries for the strawberries. Double the recipe if you want to make a dozen muffins. Watch the video here.
Quick Strawberry Muffins
Recipe type: Bread
Simple to make muffins with a sweet lemony glaze. The amount below makes 6 muffins. Recipe may be doubled.
- 1 cup Quick Baking Mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup diced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a muffin tin or line with baking papers.
- Add the sugar to the baking mix in a medium sized bowl.
- Toss the berries in, just to coat with the flour.
- Beat the egg into the milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mix, reserving a couple tablespoons of the liquid until you see if it is needed. Don't overmix. Batter should remain lumpy.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling each about ⅔ full. Use an ice cream scoop for easy filling.
- Sprinkle the batter with sugar, if desired.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool and remove from pan.
- Glaze if desired with: ½ cup powdered sugar mixed with 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice..